Installing SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 has been released. I am just about to install it for the first time and document the process.
Note: before installing the Service Pack I have made sure I’m prepared for something to go wrong. A full backup in BackupExec has run, I have performed a snapshot of the virtual machine and exported the site collection using stsadm (possibly a bit overkill but better safe than sorry).
1. Log on to the SharePoint server
2. Run the service pack installer (with elevated privileges)
3. Click to accept the license agreement and click Continue. Wait while the update installs
4. Click OK when the installation is complete
5. Re-run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard to upgrade the server
Well, that was almost not worth documenting but at least others can now see how straight forward it is before they install it for themselves.