Search has encountered a problem that prevents results from being returned. If the issue persists, please contact your administrator
In our SharePoint 2013 farm we have some Content Search Web Parts that display content based on a search query. These work fine in our production environment but in the DR environment they just produce an error (as per the title of this page). I used the Merge-SPLogFile PowerShell cmdlet to search the logs for the correlation ID and picked this error out:
w3wp.exe: All query processing components are in 'Failed' status.
I thought this was strange as Query Processing was showing as OK in Central Administration. There wasn’t much else to in the logs so I tried resetting the search index and performed a full crawl but this made no difference.
After editing the query within the web part I noticed that there were references to managed properties that had not been created in the DR environment. Once I had imported all of the managed properties within the Search Service Application (using this script) and allowed time for the content to be crawled, the search results were showing as expected.