SharePoint 2013 prompting for credentials after enabling SSL
I have enabled SSL in SharePoint 2013 and configured FQDNs for external access. Since doing this, users are continually prompted for credentials. This was because the URL contains dots (‘.’) and IE treats this as an external site, so wasn’t passing the credentials.
I found various articles and blog posts that suggest the fix is to add the site to the Local Intranet zone in Internet Explorer. This alone didn’t work for me, but I eventually solved it be creating a new Multi-String Value named AuthForwardServerList in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters. Once created I added *.mydomain.com and the problem was solved!