Disk space filling up on Web Front End servers
After some investigation I determined that these files were getting created each time my warm up script ran. I’m using SPBestWarmup by Jeff Jones which contains a section for clearing up these files. However, the locations in the script were different. To fix this I simply changed the locations to remove temporary files from:
$env:systemroot\system32\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\Microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\*.*
$env:systemroot\syswow64\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\Microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\*.*
The next time the script ran the folder was emptied.